Surgeon Dr. Tanju Demirören
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Area of Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Year of Graduation: Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Faculty, 1989
Place and Year of Birth: Yalova, 1965
Year and Place of Specialization: Istanbul University Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, 1994
Number of Turkish Publications: 10
Translations: 1) Sonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Principles and clinical applications. 5th edition editor Arthur C. Fleischer 1996.
Translation editor Prof Dr Atıl Yüksel, 2000.
Part 5: Transvaginal Sonography of Early Intrauterine Pregnancy. Translation: T Demirören.
Chapter 39: Color Doppler Sonography of Pelvic Masses.
Translation: T Demirören.
2) Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Volume 1: Obstetrics. (Eberhard Merz, MD). Chapter 25 Fetal Heart Anomalies and Diseases Page 270-296. (Written by Rabih Chaoui, Translated by T Demirören, Atıl Yüksel).
1995-1996 Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist, 200 Beds Military Hospital, Malatya (Yedeksubay)
1996-1998 Tosya State Hospital, Kastamonu
1998-2000 Zeynep Kamil Women and Children Diseases Training and Research Hospital
2000-2017 Kadıköy Healing Hospital
2017-2018 Kadıköy Florence Nightingale Hospital- Ataşehir Florence Nightingale Hospital
2018 Yeditepe University Bağdat Street Polyclinic
Certificates and Documents:
Scientific Meetings, Courses and Conferences:
1) First Perinatology Postgraduate Training Course, 15-17 May 1989. Istanbul Faculty of Medicine
2) Gynecological Oncology Congress Second Postgraduate Course.
3) ‘Perinatal Follow-up’ Symposium. March 28-30, 1991. Kusadasi Aydin.
4) Istanbul International Obstetrics and Gynecology Symposium. June 3-6, 1991. Istanbul
5) Third National Perinatology Congress. 1-5 March 1991. Bursa.
6) Third National Gynecological Oncology Congress and Post Graduation Training Seminar. 28-31 May 1992, Antalya.
7) Fetus as a Patient. VI. International Postgraduate Course 3-5 May 1993. Ankara.
8) Fourth National Perinatology Congress. April 26-30, 1994. Istanbul.
9) Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Perinatology Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment Course 01 August – 31 October 1994. Istanbul.
10) Second Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology Diagnosis and Treatment Course. 28-30 November 1994. Ankara.
11) Recurrent Pregnancy Losses, Zeynep Kamil 15th Gynecopathology Congress of Women and Children’s Hospital. June 10-12, 1998. Istanbul.
12) Pediatric and Adelosan Gynecology, Zeynep Kamil Women’s and Children’s Hospital 16th Gynecopathology Congress. 2-4 June 1999. Istanbul.
13) Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Congress 2000, 6-8 April 2000. Istanbul
14) Obstetric Ultrasonography and Fetal Imaging Course 2000. 16-18 November 2000. Istanbul
15) Obstetrics and Gynecology Panel. November 21, 2001. Istanbul. He is a member of the Medical Organization Committee of Kadıköy Şifa Hospital.
16) First Fetal Medicine World Congress. June 28-30, 2002. Athens, Greece.
17) Advanced Course in Fetal Medicine, 1-5 July 2002. Kalamata, Greece.
18) University College London- Cerrahpaşa Medical School Obstetrics and Gynecology Meeting. 11-12 November 2002 Istanbul.
19) Molecular Genetics Course for Clinicians. 28-29 November 2002. Istanbul University Experimental Medicine Research Institute (DETAM).
20) Current Approaches to Menopause. December 10, 2002. Istanbul. Member of the Organizing Committee of the Scientific Activities of Kadıköy Şifa Hospital.
21) Fetal Medicine; Prenatal Diagnosis- 2003. Association of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology .. 17-19 April 2003. Antalya.
22) Thirteenth World Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasonography. August 31-September 4, 2003. Paris, France.
23) Fourteenth World Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasonography. August 31-September 4, 2004. Stockholm, Sweden.
24) Fourth World Congress of Fetal Medicine. 26 to 29 June 2005 in Istanbul, Turkey.
25) Advanced Course in Fetal Medicine, 5-6 November 2005. London, UK.
26) Fifth World Congress of Fetal Medicine. June 25-29, 2006. Barcelona, Spain.
27) Sixteenth World Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasonography. 3-7 September 2006. London, England.
28) Lower Genital System Precancerous Lesions. Member of the Organizing Committee of the Scientific Activities of Kadıköy Şifa Hospital. November 22, 2006. Caddebostan, Istanbul.
29) Seventeenth World Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasonography. 7-11 November 2007. Florence, Italy.
30) 15th International Meeting of the European Society of Gynecological Oncology (ESGO). 28 October-1 November 2007. Berin, Germany.
31) Current Approaches in Infertility. Member of the Organizing Committee of the Scientific Activities of Kadıköy Şifa Hospital. 21 November 2007. Caddebostan, Istanbul.
32) 6th National Gynecology and Obstetrics Congress. 14-19 May 2008. Antalya.
33) 21st European Perinatal Medicine Congress. 10-13 September 2008. Istanbul.
34) Turkey & Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Association. National Congress. 29 October-2 November 2008 Antalya.
35) Problems and Current Approaches in Perinatology. Kadikoy Sifa Hospital Panel. Problems, questions and answers in the first trimester screening test (Speaker) 26 November 2008. Fenerbahçe, İstanbul.
36) Eighth World Fetal Medicine Congress. June 28 – July 2, 2009. Portorose, Slovenia
37) Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health General Directorate of Public Health ‘Emergency Obstetric Care Clinician Training’ 27-29 / 11/2017 Istanbul.
38) Turkey Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Association XI. National Congress. 31 October – 03 November 2018 .Istanbul
1) Perinatal Diagnosis and Treatment Course Certificate. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. August 1 – October 31, 1994.
2) Gynecological Endoscopy Certificate. Kocaeli University Faculty of Medicine. December 6, 1998.
3) Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Society Proficiency Certificate. November 8, 2003. Cesme, Izmir.
4) 11-14 Week Ultrasound Proficiency Certificate, May 2004 Fetal Medicine Foundation, London, UK (FMF ID 22565).
5) Effective Screening for Congenital Heart Diseases, Certificate of Participation. May 13-15, 2004. Royal Brompton and St George’s Hospital, London, England.
6) Basic Obstetric Sonography Proficiency Certificate. Turkey Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Istanbul Branch. May 28, 2005. Istanbul.
7) Fetal Cardiology Theoretical Course Proficiency Certificate. Fetal Medicine Foundation. November 5, 2005. London, England.
8) 11-14 Weeks and 18-23 Weeks Ultrasound, Cervical Evaluation in Pregnancy, Uterine and Fetal Doppler, Fetal Therapy Theoretical Course Proficiency Certificate. Fetal Medicine Foundation. November 6, 2005. London, England.
9) Turkish Gynecology and Obstetrics Society Gynecology and Obstetrics Proficiency Certificate. May 18, 2008.
10) Fetal Cardiology Course. 21st European Congress of Perinatal Medicine. 10-13 September 2008. Istanbul.
11) Fetal Central Nervous System Course Certificate. Turkey Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Association. 29 October-02 November 2008. Antalya.
12) Emergency obstetric care clinician training, Ministry of Health General Directorate of Public Health No: 2870. 27-29 / 11/2017
13) Turkey Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Association XI. National Congress. Second trimester USG Course. 10/31/2018
14) Boonshoft School of Medicine Wright State University Continuing Medical Education ‘The 11-13 Weeks Scan Online May 14, 2019.
15) Certificate of attendance. The theoretical course of FMF on ‘The 11-13 weeks scan. May 14, 2019.
Association Club Memberships:
Turkish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
Turkish Medical Association Istanbul Medical Chamber
Turkish Society of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF 22565)
Areas of Interest:
Detailed first and second trimester ultrasonography