Prof. Dr. Sinan Tatlıpınar
Area of Expertise: Eye Diseases
Faculty and Year: Hacettepe Tıp, 1996
Place and Year of Birth: Istanbul, 1973
Minor Specialty: Retinal Diseases and Vitreoretinal Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Wilmer Eye Institute, 2004-2005
Year and Place of Specialty: Hacettepe Medical Eye Clinic, 2000
Place and Year of Associate Professorship: 2006, Pamukkale MedicalProfessor
Professoriate Place and Year: 2011, Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine
Foreign Languages: English
- MEDS (Medical Students Association) Change Science Program Exam Turkey Championship (1994).
- Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine Dr. M. Şeref Zileli Award-Successful Student of the Year (1995).
- Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Department of Child Health and Diseases Successful Intern (1995-1996 academic year).
- Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine First Prize (1996).
- İhsan Doğramacı Outstanding Achievement Award (Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine 1995-1996 Term).
- Hacettepe University Student Science Incentive Award (1996).
- 7. September 1996 Medical Specialization Examination (TUS) Turkey Championship.
- The International Council of Ophthalmology Certificate of Merit (Optics and Refraction).
- International Council of Ophthalmology Certificate with Merit
- Examination of Clinical Ophthalmology 10. Turkey 2nd place in Turkey (October 2003)
- Poster first prize: Confocal blue light reflectance in vitreomacular surface imaging. Ünal M, Ayata A, Tatlıpınar S, Kar T, Sönmez M, Erşanlı D. TOD 43th National Ophthalmology Congress- Antalya, November 11-15, 2009.
Professional Publications: 111
Active Occupational Duties:
Abroad Education: Clinical Fellow: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore, Maryland, USA), Department of Ophthalmology (Wilmer Eye Institute), Vitreoretinal Surgery Service, September 2004- September 2005.
Research: Fellow: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore, Maryland, USA), Department of Ophthalmology (Wilmer Eye Institute), Vitreoretinal Surgery Service, May-September 2004. Dr. Peter A. Campochiaro (Director of Vitreoretinal Surgery Service).
Number of Foreign Publications: 52
Number of Turkish Publications: 59
International Proceedings: 22
National Proceedings: 70
Book Section: 7
He was born in 1973 in Istanbul. He graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1996 with first place. In 2000, he completed his residency at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology. In 2004-2005, he completed his masters degree in Retinal Diseases and Vitreoretinal Surgery at Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University. He became Associate Professor in 2006 and Professor in 2011. She has been working at Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology since 2007. Between 2014-2017, he worked as the Chief Physician at the Eye Center of Yeditepe University.
Certificates and Documents:
- MSc in Hospital Management, Marmara University, 2013-2014
Activities: Scientific Congresses and Meetings with Invited Speaker and Trainer
- TOD İzmir Sb. Speech titled “Multifocal Glasses ında at the monthly Scientific Meeting (İzmir, 2003)
- TOD XX. Summer Symposium (Ocular Pharmacology) “Dexamethasone implant and triamcinolone implant konuşma speech titled (Kusadasi, 2007).
- TOD Spring Symposium “Diabetic Retinopathy; Clinical and Classification ((Istanbul, 2008).
- TOD 42nd National Ophthalmology Congress SOE Conference Fund Fundus Autofluorescence in Retinal Diseases Antalya (Antalya, 2008).
- Speech entitled nasıl How to read fundus autofluorescence images? At the 1st OCT Club Meeting (Istanbul, 2009).
- Speech titled fund Fundus autofluorescence in different eye pathologies ”at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology (Ankara, 2009).
- TOD 43th National Ophthalmology Congress Optic-Refraction-Rehabilitation Unit Interactive meeting “Help the low vision: what do I do in the retina clinic? Konuşma speech (Antalya, 2009).
- TOD 43th National Ophthalmology Congress Vitreoretinal Surgery Unit course kurs Macular wrinkles and vitreomacular traction syndrome konuşma speech (Antalya, 2009).
- konuşma Other hopes for the low vision “at TOD April Course (Ankara, 2010).
- 10.In the 10th TOD Spring Symposium; Speech entitled m Evaluation of anterior and posterior segments inde in the panel of preoperative evaluation of cataract patients (İstanbul, 2010).
- TOD Vitreoretinal Surgery Unit Live Surgery Meeting fot Phototoxicity in Vitreoretinal Surgery konuşma speech (Istanbul, 2010).
- Yeditepe University Hospital Wednesday Conferences konuşma Diabetic eye effects and diabetic retinopathy konuşma speech (Istanbul, 2011).
- TOD 45th National Ophthalmology Congress in the Optics-Refraction-Rehabilitation Unit Panel özellikler Glass structure related to the properties of the speech ”(Cyprus, 2011).
- GATA Haydarpaşa EAH Ophthalmology Conferences konuşma Epiretinal membranes and vitreomacular traction syndrome konuşma speech (Istanbul, 2011)
- TOD Bursa Branch Monthly Scientific Meeting konuşma Microperimetry and ISYA konuşma speech (Bursa, 2012)
- TOD Spring Symposium; ”Intravitreal injection complications (non-endophthalmitic) inde speech at the panel of Tıbbi Medical Complications of the Retina” (Istanbul, 2012)
- Turkey 17th meeting of the Retina “AMD’s location during treatment with PDT antiVEGF” speech titled (Ş.Urfa, 2012)
- TOD 46th National Ophthalmology Congress, Optic-Refraction-Rehabilitation Unit Panel Panel Visual hallucinations in low vision: Charles Bonnet Syndrome konuşma speech (Antalya, 2012)
- TOD 46th National Ophthalmology Congress Medical Retina Unit Course “Optical Coherence Tomography of various diseases konuşma speech (Antalya, 2012)
- TOD 46th National Ophthalmology Congress in the Management of Diabetic Macular Edema in the Satellite Symposium titled Contemporary Approaches (Antalya, 2012)
Speech titled “Primary Vitrectomy ında at the 21st TOD Istanbul Branch Monthly Scientific Meeting (Istanbul, February 2013)
- Speech titled “Posterior Vitreous Detachment and Retinal Tears” within the scope of ina Retina Day Başkent organized by Başkent University Department of Ophthalmology (Ankara, April 2013)
- Retinal meeting in Turkey “AMD Panel” panelists (Istanbul, April 2013)
- TOD 47th National Congress VRC Unit course (Basic Vitrectomy Techniques from A to Z), “Effective and Safe Vitrectomy konuşma, 2013
25th TOD 47th National Congress ORR Unit Yardım What can an ophthalmologist do in daily practice? Konuşma, 2013
26th TOD Winter Symposium neden Why should we treat early diabetic macular edema? Konuşma, 2014
- TOD Ankara Branch April Course, “Myopia and angioid cracks konuşma speech, 2014
- TOD Istanbul Sb. Spring Symposium tedavi Treatment in exudative AMD ”, 2014
29th TOD 48th National Congress VRC Unit course (Advanced Vitrectomy Techniques), temel Basic principles and stains of macular surgery konuşma speech, 2014.
30th TOD 48th National Congress ORR Unit Yardım What can an ophthalmologist do in daily practice? Konuşma, 2014.
- Retinal Turkey Meeting “pathologic myopia and retinal entitled” speech in March 2015 in Istanbul.
32nd Yeditepe University Dentistry Student Congress konuşma Ophthalmological Pearls for Dentistry konuşma speech, April 2015, Istanbul.
- Speech titled “Posterior Vitreous Detachment and Retinal Tears” within the scope of ina Retinal Days Başkent organized by Başkent University Department of Ophthalmology (Ankara, April 2015)
- TOD Istanbul Sb. Spring Symposium “Fundus Autofluorescence konuşma speech, 2015.
- TOD 49th National Congress VRC Unit Round Table, malı Controversial Issues in Vitreoretinal Surgery panel, panelist, 2015, Istanbul.
- TOD 49th National Congress TR Unit course (Laser Photocoagulation Therapy), “Other retinal photocoagulation applications konuşma speech, 2015, Istanbul.
- TOD 49th National Congress ORR Unit course (Low Vision Aids), konuşma New Hopes-Bionic Eyes konuşma speech, 2015, Istanbul.
38th TOD Istanbul Branch Monthly Scientific Meeting konuşma The Importance of Choroid in Vascular Retinal Diseases konuşma (Istanbul, 2015 October)
39th TOD VRC Live Surgery Meeting konuşma Pharmacological Vitreolysis konuşma, 2016 May, İzmir.
- TOD 50th National Congress TR panel: Factors Affecting Prognosis in the Treatment of Retinal Diseases ”Retinal Vein Occlusion konuşma speech, 2016, Antalya.
41st TOD 50th National Congress ORR Unit Interactive Meeting: konuşma Refraction in Retinal Diseases konuşma, 2016, Antalya.
Invited speaker at 42nd TOD Konya-Antalya Branch Monthly Meeting, “Autofluorescence Imaging”, Konya, April 2017.
- TOD 1. Medical Retina B.A.K. OK OCT with case studies ”, May 2017.
44th TOD National Congress Medical Retina BİLEB ”Thick Choroid konuşma speech, Antalya, 2017.
45th TOD National Congress VRC Course yenilik Innovations in Macular Surgery ”, Antalya, 2017.
- 3. Medical Retinal Days, konuşma Controversial Issues in Diabetic Macular Edema konuşma panel, konuşma DMÖ drug exchange should be done in the first 3 doses konuşma, Istanbul, 2017.
- The Vision Retina Meeting; Etiopathogenesis of dry type AMD, Berlin, 2018
48th “Posterior Vitreous Detachment and Retinal Tears konuşma within the scope of ina Retinal Days Başkent organized by Başkent University Department of Ophthalmology (Ankara, April 2018)
Association Club Memberships:
Turkish Society of Ophthalmology
Turkish Medical Association
TOD Vitreoretinal Surgery Unit
TOD Medical Retina Unit
TOD Optical-Refraction-Rehabilitation Unit
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
The Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
Areas of Interest:
Retinal Diseases (Macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusions, hereditary retinal diseases, retinal tears, argon laser photocoagulation)
Vitreoretinal surgery (retinal detachments, macular diseases: macular hole, epiretinal membrane, vitreomacular traction, intraocular hemorrhage)
Low vision aid examination and telescopic glasses applications