Prof. Dr. Ahmet Hilmi Kaya
Brain and Nerve Surgery
Department: Brain and Nerve Surgery
Area of Expertise: Brain and Nerve Surgery
Faculty and Year: Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, 1996
Place and Year of Birth: 1972
Place and Year of Specialty: Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, 2003Association Place and Year of Associate Professorship: Ondokuz Mayıs University Faculty of Medicine, 2011
Professoriate Place and Year: Gelişim University School of Health Sciences, 2015
- Third Prize in Research (2nd National Congress of Nervous System Surgery Association, 2006)
- 2008 Turkish Neurosurgical Society scholarship programs abroad award
- Seventh prize in the evaluation of the proceedings of the 22nd Scientific Congress of the Turkish Neurosurgical Society in 2008
- 2009 Turkish Neurosurgical Society Aysima Altınok thesis award
- Arif Topal değişiklik “Changes in brain metabolic activity after subthalamic nucleus lesion in rats with Parkinson’s disease” Speciality Thesis of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayıs University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Samsun, 2008. Supervisor Ahmet Hilmi Kaya
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society 23rd Scientific Congress of 2009
- The 7th Prize of the 23rd Scientific Congress of the Turkish Neurosurgical Society in 2009
Number of International Publications: 36
Number of Turkish Publications: 9
International Proceedings: 14
National Proceedings: 38
Book Section: 1. Türe U, Kaya AH: Surgical anatomy of the cranioverebral junction. (in) Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery (eds): Bruneau GBM, Spetzler RF, Springer-Verlag, Paris 2011; 317-28.
- Species U, Kaya AH: Transsylvian selective amygdalohippocampectomy. (in) Pediatric epilepsy surgery: Preoperative assesment and surgical treatment (eds): Cataltepe O, Jallo GI, Thieme, New York, 2010: 147-155
- Türe U, Kaya AH: Principles for managing cavernous malformations in eloquent locations. cavernous (ed): Rigamonti D. Cambridge University Press, New York, 2011: 161-172
- Type U, Kaya AH: The combined approach for craniopharyngiomas. (in) Controversies in Neurosurgery II, (ed): Al-Mefty O. Thieme, New York, 2013: 157-163
- Canbaz, B., A.H. Kaya and M. Yıldırım, er Relationships between neuroanatomy and neurologist ”(translation), Correlative Neuroanatomy, ed. S. G. Waxman, translation ed. M. Yildirim, 35-43, Nobel Printing, Istanbul, 2002.
- Canbaz, B. and A.H. Kaya, “Vascularization” (translation), Correlative Neuroanatomy, ed. S. G. Waxman, translation ed. M. Yildirim, 168-187, Nobel Printing, Istanbul, 2002.
1996 Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine
2003 Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine
1996 – 1997 Marmara University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery
1997 – 2003 Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, Department of Neurosurgery
2004 – 2005 Private Erdem Hospital, Istanbul
2005 – 2010 Ondokuz Mayıs University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery / Assist.
2007 Maastricht University, Cellular Neuroscience, Netherlands / Observer
2009 Maastricht University, Cellular Neuroscience, Netherlands / Observer
2010-2011 Ondokuz Mayıs University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery / Assoc. Dr.
2011-2012 Medicana International Hospital, Samsun / Assoc. Dr.
2012-2016 Anadolu Medical Center Hospital, Izmit / Assoc. Dr.
2015-2016 Anadolu Health Center / Prof.Dr. Dr.
2016-2017 Private Gaziosmanpaşa Hospital / Prof.Dr. Dr.
2017- 2018 Adatıp Hospital İstanbul
2018 Yeditepe University Specialized Hospital
Certificates and Documents:
- 3rd International Bakirkoy Days, 6-8 November 1996, Istanbul
- 14th Scientific Congress of Turkish Neurosurgical Society, 17-21 May 2000, Antalya
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society Training Course, Tumors, 13-18 March 2001, Antalya
- EANS Research Comittee Course, ’Methodology of Research and Publication’, March 28-31, 2001, Antalya
5th Turkish Neurosurgical Society 18th Scientific Congress, 22-26 May 2004, Antalya
- Ondokuz Mayıs University, Faculty of Medicine, ’’13. Problem Based Learning Course 24 ’, 24-28 October 2005, Samsun
- 3rd. International Symposium on Microneurosurgical Anatomy, 5-8 November 2006, Antalya
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Surgery Teaching and Training Group, ‘bahar Autumn Symposium on Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Injuries 2- 2-, 2-5 November 2006, Antalya
9th Turkish Neurosurgical Society 21st Scientific Congress, 20-24 April 2007, Antalya
- Acıbadem-Harvard Medical Days, ’’ Movement Disorder ’’, 22 October 2007, İstanbul
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Surgery Teaching and Training Group, ‘’ Spine and Spinal Cord Tumors ’18, 18-21 October 2007, Antalya
- ’Live Neurovascular Microsurgery Course Department, Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, 29-31 October 2007, Istanbul
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Teaching and Training Group, Yenilik Yenilik Innovations in Functional Neurosurgery ’23, 23 November 2007, Adana
- Ondokuz Mayıs University, Animal Experiments and Local Ethics Committee, Experimental Animals Usage Certificate, Document No: 0087, 06.07.2007, Samsun
- ’Follow-up on neuro-morphological and surgical knowledges’, University of Pisa, Department of Human Anatomy and Applied Biology, 16-17 November, 2007, Pisa
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Basic Neurosurgery and Training Course, ‘afa Head Trauma, Pain and Functional Neurosurgery’ 11, 11-14 March 2008, İzmir
17th Turkish Neurosurgical Society 22nd Scientific Congress, 18-22 April 2008, Antalya
18th Turkish Neurosurgical Society 27th Scientific Congress, 2013, Antalya
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Symposium of Neurooncological and Neurovascular Surgery Education and Training Groups, 2013, Istanbul
- 8th Istanbul Microneurosurgery Course – June 7-16, 2017 Istanbul / Turkey
Association Club Memberships:
Turkish Medical Association
Turkish Neurosurgical Society
Areas of Interest:
Spinal Cord Tumors
Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Surgery (Brain Pacemaker)
Essential Tremor Surgery