Professor Dr. Prof. Gülçin Kantarcı (Head of Department)
Internal Diseases / Nephrology
Department: Internal Medicine / Nephrology / Organ Transplant / Kidney Transplant Clinic
Specialty: Internal Medicine / Nephrology
Faculty and Year: Uludağ University Faculty of Medicine 1984-1990
Place and Year of Birth: Tokat, 04.06.1966
Minor Field: Marmara University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Nephrology 1997-2000
Year and Place of Specialty: Bezmi Alem Vakıf Gureba Hospital Internal Medicine Clinic 1991-1996
Place and Year of Associate Professorship: Hacettepe University Medicine 2004
Professoriate Place and Year: Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine 2009
Founded as assistant researcher at the Nephrology Clinic of the University of Ghent, Belgium.
1) Clinical characteristics of patents developing acute renal failure due to sepsis: a prospective study. Gent University Renal Division and Intensive Care Unit ” Clinical Research Program ”, Coworker, 2001
2) Comparison of Slow extended daily hemodialysis (SLEDD) to continuous renal replacement therapy. Gent University Renal Division and Intensive Care Unit ” Clinical Research Program ”, Coworker, 2001
Foreign Languages: English
Professional Awards: Turkish Society of Nephrology Research Award; Poster Announcement from the 18th National Congress of Nephrology Hypertension Dialysis and Transplantation “The Effect of Sodium Profile on Symptoms in Hemodialysis” Erciyes Organ Transplantation Foundation Asım Kibar Research Award) Familial Mediterranean Fever Amyloidosis of Point Mutations)
Professional Publications: 272
Active Professional Tasks:
1) Head of Internal Medicine Department,
2) Head of Nephrology Department,
3) Faculty of Medicine Program Development Committee membership
Number of Foreign Publications: 58
Number of Turkish Publications 28
Citation Number: 787
International Proceedings: 45
National Proceedings: 80
Experimental Models in nephrology – Editorship on Turkey Clinic for Special Issue
Book Section: Chapter writer on 11 books
Translation editing in 1 book
After becoming a nephrology specialist at Marmara University in 2000, he worked as an Assistant Researcher at the Nephrology Clinic of Gent University.
During the years 2001-2007 S.B. He worked as a Nephrology Specialist in Organ Transplantation and Dialysis Unit of Göztepe Training and Research Hospital. Meanwhile, he received the title of Associate Professor of Internal Diseases and Nephrology in the Associate Professorship exam held at Hacattepe University.
In 2007, he started to work at the Nephrology Clinic as the Head of the Nephrology Department of Yeditepe University.
In 2009, he received the title of Professor in Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine. In 2010, he was elected to the board of directors of the Faculty of Medicine.
Since November 2014, he has been the head of the Department of Internal Medicine.
1) 2010 World Kidney Day Event – Yeditepe University;
2) 2011 Hypertension Patient School – Türkan Saylan Culture Center;
3) 2012 Hypertension Patient School – Caddebostan Culture Center
Association Club Memberships:
Turkish Society of Nephrology
Metabolic Syndrome Association
European Renal Ass.
European Dialysis and Transplant Ass.
European Artificial Ass.
Areas of Interest:
Acute Kidney Injury
Diabetic NephropathyHemodialysis Proficiency
Familial Mediterranean Fever
Chronic Kidney Disease
Renal Replacement Therapies
Intensive Care Nephrology